Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001


I have not forgotten. It was around 10:30 in the morning. We were stationed in Lawrence Kansas where Nevon was a student at Kansas University. I was working the night shift at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 4th floor. I got off work at 7am.....drove home.....woke Nev and B up. I slowly get B ready for daycare and Nev leaves for classes. All good, same as usual :-) I take B to daycare and come home and jump right into bed! Sept 11, 2001, around 10:30 am, Nevon comes home and tells me to get up and turn the TV on. "WHAT?" I said to him. He then tells me that an airplane flew into the World Trade Centers. I thought, well ok then......and wow how could a pilot not see those buildings and fly into it. I sit down and start watching the news. NOW I know what happened. I remember first being on the couch then I got up and just stood there in front of the TV with my arms crossed.....it was pitch dark in the living room, God only knows how long I stood there. I slept maybe three hrs that day and went into work that night. I felt that if I turned my TV off that I would miss something and I just had to find out why this had happened. I cried, I called friends, I called family.
What I'm trying to say is that I have not forgotten about all those Innocent Americans, 200 + fire fighters, police men and woman, and the hundreds of thousands of our military men and woman who have died. *Our military will always have a HUGE space in my heart.* I type this as my husband is deployed for 9 months. Everything has changed. ~ I love and appreciate every one of our military persons who keep us safe, lets not forget about those who are still fighting this 'fight'.~ I remember like it was yesterday. I love being an American and I love my country. God Bless.

No comments: