Friday, December 14, 2012

What a morning....

Awww, dropped the boys off at school and headed to Target for wrapping paper and such.  I had Bubba with me.  Walked in, decided that I wanted a Starbucks, thought that I should get Deven something too or my shopping could get ugly real quick (which is what ending up happening anyways. :)  He wanted....cake on a stick thing......too messy.  I bought him a very yummy lemon pound cake with frosting and he completely lost it!  I get my coffee...trying to get situated with my coffee, the cart and my screaming crying 4 year old.  Everyones looking at me,  I didn't care one bit.  I ever-so-calmly walked my cart and  my screaming child into the customer service area, found the farthest corner from the counter/people and put his butt in time out.  Dang right I did.  We were there about 5 minutes and he calmed down and I was able to get him back in the cart.  Oh, he did end up eating the lemon pound cake, after I ate half of it, HA!. :)  Finally!  I find what I came to buy......and a few other things that I did not come to buy. ;)  Deven starts telling me that he wants me to buy him a toy.  I told him no.  He then keeps repeating, "MOM IF YOU BUY ME A TOY I WON'T BOTHER YOU AT HOME ANYMORE, I PROMISE,"  over and over and over.  I could feel my face getting warm and I knew my chest and face were red.  Parents around me are laughing, at the time I was still flustered from his "cake debacle" and wasn't amused!  I'm done, we head to the check out line, where for ONCE on this tiny trip, something goes right!  I stood in a long line.....praying that Deven is calm, when a cashier walks up and opens her check line.  WOOOHOO!!!  Checked out and was ready to just go home!  I get to my truck, pull my cart right up behind me.  I'm nosing thru the backseat to try to make room for the things I just purchased when I hear this lady scream, "MA'AM!!!!!"  I immediately poke my head up and see this lady jogging towards me yelling to me, "YOUR CART!"  I whip around to look behind me and see my fricking cart rolling backwards with my Deven in it!!!!!!!!!  I took off running after the cart, one flip flop went flying off the other barely on, I'm almost to the cart when I crashes into a city of San Diego trucks bumper, thank goodness it didn't tip or that no one was driving by at the time.  Deven is laughing and keeps telling that that was fun.  My heart was pounding out of my chest, I'm sweating.....shaky, I just wanted to get the hell away from Target!!   I will not leave the house again, today.......unless I am without kids! ;-))  

It just topped off my trip when I got home, sat down to fold some laundry and watch some of my DVR.  Turned the TV on and see breaking news about the shooting in CT (shaking my head.)  I wasn't in the mood for DVR or laundry anymore.  To be honest, all I could think of were my boys.  What can we do as a society to keep these horrible things from happening? 

Anyhow, I love that I had a few seconds to blog this in.  When my boys are older and my memory is shot, I can read back on these moments I had with my boys......and laugh! :-))

No comments: