Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Just a little something.......

Okay, so you now know that I am terrible at finding my way around anything, right?  Here is a tiny story that I haven't shared with anyone:

Nevon and I went out to the late showing of Lincoln opening night, about two weeks ago.  The movie was GREAT.  I have to say, being half black, I truly didn't understand how President Lincoln changed America.  The movie didn't do it for me, it made me so curious to learn more and so I did.  I read more about what he did and what he fought so hard for.  Remarkable Man he is. 

Okay, so Nev and I are sitting, patiently, waiting on the movie to start.  It's a long movie, we are almost out of popcorn.  I offer over and over to get the refill, (only cause I know he refuses to put more extra butter on it. ;)  I go out to where the ticket taker guy is, ask him which way to go and he directs me in the right direction.  I get up there to refill and realized I left my fricking ticket stub in my purse that is sitting next to Nevon.  He ever so kindly refills it for me, anyways.  I make my way back the the SAME ticket taker and he then asked me for my ticket stub.  REALLY?  I told him that I had just talked to his a*s a few minutes before.....he knew I just came out from seeing Lincoln.......jerk.  He then decides to let me go back in.....*sigh*.  Everything looks the same to me........CRAP, I can't remember where I came out of!!  I then, asked the "jerk" which way to Lincoln, and he directed me and I went.  I walk in.......I'm standing there, looking around, I don't recognize anything.  I don't even know what in the heck was going on in the movie.  I was only gone about 10 minutes and the movie playing was Lincoln but not where I had left off.  What did I do, you ask.........I stood in there for 30 minutes watching and paying that Nevon would see me and wave me up!  It was opening night, the theater was packed even at the midnight showing!!  I didn't have my phone, that too was in my purse.  So, now that I am panicked, I walk out and back to the "jerk" ticket guy and see Nevon standing there with a PISSED look on his face!!!  I was in the wrong damn theater room!!!!!!  I had a Seinfeld moment.......all was ok, we made it to the right theater and watched the rest of the movie.  See, no matter where or what I suck at directions!!  Truly a great movie, job well done.

No comments: