I DID it! I went out, picked my own white cheese pumpkins (which make GREAT pies), and turned them into YUMMY pie!!
I was so curious to see what they looked like inside.......well, they look just like any other pumpkin........no white cheese though ;-)) I scraped all the globby stuff and seeds out. I then took baking sheets, two of them, placed the pumpkins face down and covered them with foil to make a steam bath for them. I baked them at 350 degrees for about 90 minutes, until my fork came out smoothly. You will know, your pumpkins will be very soft.
This is what they looked like straight out of the oven. I let them cool for about an hour or so...makes it easier to handle all the "meat."
All cooled and ready to be scrapped.......
I used a big spoon to scoop the "meat" out and placed it in a large. I love that handy dandy little hand mixer. My Mother-n-law bought me that last year for Christmas and I LOVE it! It makes great soups and mashed potatoes too! Okay, back to pie talk.......I used that to get my pumpkin meat completely smooth. You can use a food processor, blender, etc.
Smoooooooth pumpkin...
I had a can of pumpkin and so I used their recipe on the back for this and it was perfect.
I had a pie crust shield, haven't see it since we moved from Texas so I made my own :)
Right out of the oven!!!!
Okay, so I dodn't have two pie plates so I made-do with a cake pan, HA! Worked perfectly!! Pie #2
Oh course I had to whip my own cream. Some heavy whipping cream, some sugar........and a lot of whipping! Thank goodness I have this big fella to help me, I set it to whip and sat and had a few sips of coffee......came back a few minutes later.........and I had whipped cream!
Delish......
VIOLA!!!! Pumpkin pie is ready!!!!! VERY good and it was so worth the tiny effort I put into getting this little slice of goodness :)
No comments:
Post a Comment