Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy 12th Birthday Brenen Ray!

 Brenen enjoyed his 12th birthday just how he likes to......a few close friends and FUN! 
 Ethan, Skyler, Brenen and Aiden in the pool and jacuzzi at 10pm......mommy was sooooo sleepy ;)  These guys had energy for days!
I made one of B's favorite cakes, jello cake...YUUUMY!
 Playing earlier on in the day........I don't if they played more than they ate or ate more than they played?  BUSY boys!!
Jello Cake!!  I LOVE this semi homemade cake and so do all my boys!  Easy peasy lemon squeasy ;)!!

Jello Cake

1 box of white cake mix
2 box's (the double pkg) of any flavor jello
1 container of Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix cake according the directions on box.  Grease and flour a 13x9in casserole dish.  Bake cake.  Mix one box of jello over stove top.  ONLY add the first two cups of water and jello. DO NOT add the second half  (which would be the cold water).  When cake is done, poke holes in cake while cake is hot.  Pour jello mixture over entire cake and set aside to cool.  When cake is cool, put in refrigerator.  Cook second box of jello, again ONLY add the two cups of water to jello.  Cook jello and let cool when done.  Add container of cool whip and beat with mixer till creamy.  Cover and refrigerate.  I always do this the night before to ensure that the cake and frosting is completely cold.  Frost cake and enjoy!  Keep refrigerated.  I've added fresh fruit to the cake as well :-)


No comments: