I will have surgery on the 25th of May. I'm very nervous but it's necessary and has to be done. I have had problems with fibroids, they are tumors on and in the uterus. They are benign but can turn cancerous. Mine did not. They do cause many other problems. It was not easy for me to get pregnant. Once Nevon and I were married, we were in Oak Harbor Washington. I met a Dr. who told me about Lupron. They use it with people who have cancer, it's known to shrink tumor's. I refused surgery, I was only 22, Nevon and I wanted to have a baby.......that was NOT an option. So I agreed to go on Lupron. The drug, works......the side affects are hellish ;) It puts your body into thinking it's in menopause. Hot flashes galore, mood swings.....etc. Within 8 months, I was pregnant with Brenen!!!!!!!! Yaay!!! I did have some problems along the way, which is related to have so many fibroids. I had preterm labor with Brenen at 30 weeks and had to stay in the hospital with meds to get me back on track. They worked :-) I went on bed rest for next 6 weeks. RIGHT after my stay in the hospital stay for preterm labor, Brenen turned and went breach....ugh! They tried a version, where they manually, while still pregnant, try to push the baby back to it's normal position, head down. Didn't work, "crap," I thought. That's my reasoning for c-section(s). The Dr, his name was Dr. Ling, the man who delivered Brenen, wanted Nevon to take pictures of my uterus after Brenen was born, and he did :) Dr. Ling wanted me to see this and hadn't seen a uterus like that in a long time, especially on a 23 year old woman!! They are not uncommon but they are a pain, literally :) * Later on.....3 boys later, I'm having a conversation with a friend who was desperately trying to have a baby. She then tells me that she is Lupron. I about killed over.......WHAT? They have found that Lupron can help raise your fertileness. Interesting, hmmmmmmmm ;-)?? Yes, it shrinks tumors but......and make babies, HA!!!!
So....after 4 c-sections and, I've been told, last count was over 12 fibroids, my uterus is ca put! I lots of scare tissue and it's growing and attaching itself to places it shouldn't be :( I don't need it anymore, It gave me my boys, my Love's.....so I'm okay, now, with it coming out :)) They told me it's the size of a woman who is 16-20 weeks pregnant.......HOLY H*LL! Yep, it's time :))) I will not be able to have a laproscoptic surgery, they will cut me along the same spot as my c-sections. My surgery will be about 4-5 hours, praying for less. I'm terrified of being put under, I've never been put under and I've seen a hysto done! I do get to keep my ovaries, WOOHOOOO!!!!!! The testing for cancer was awful and PAINFUL but necissarry. I think, surgery is worse when you know....cause I have seen one done.....UGH! They scheduled my surgery for one month out, which just happened to be on the same day that my brother-n-law and his wife are flying in. I will be fine, Nevon will be on leave, Family will be in town. Everything will still go on as normal, just mommy will be in the hospital for a few days, not a big deal. This is what is up with me :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment