
What a day, evening and night AND next day! I've experienced tornadoes, hurricane's, horrid heat, earth quakes and now a huge black out in the 8th largest city in America. NOT FUN! I was not prepared.

We were watching TV....boys just got home from school, except Pookie. It was about 3:30 pm on a Thursday. Then...boom...... everything went out, I thought......well, I know I paid the electric bill ;-) I then text ed a few friends in my neighborhood, all had no power either. I went into the truck to listen to the truck to find out what in the world was going on......this was after an hour or so had passed. That's when I found out that it was everyone in the city. CRAP! The truck was safe inside the garage.....no power, no garage.......NO TRUCK! I still had to pick Pookie up a few miles down the road. I pulled the car seats out of the truck, put them in Nevs car and I stuffed us all in his tiny Jetta and went as soon as we could to get Damen. The stop lights were out, of course........it was a mess. I got to the school, it was chaos as well. All the parents were coming at the same time to get their kids :S I stuffed us all in Nev's car and went straight home. NO WAY I was going back out in that hell of a mess :p OOOH......and of course it was the ONE week we had temps in the 100's.......yuk :(

I did have propane, hot dogs, & bottled water. I didn't have batteries, lighter, matches, radio or a charged up cell phone :( I went next door and borrowed matches, I had to go out into the truck to listen to the radio (the boys were all scared so they didn't like me doing that), I burned the heck out of my hand with wax, and my cell was dead by 8pm. The boys and I all slept in my bed......ALL of us in my bed. At around 3am the lights all turned on......scared the crap out of me! I was so happy to see lights, YAY! I moved the boys into their beds, shut lights out and went back to bed. By 5 am I was up again.......school had been canceled and there were boil water warnings out......blah! All is good, we survived and now I am ready...........IF it ever happens again......praying it never does!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment