Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Burney Thanksgiving menu 2010!



I have always planned my Thanksgiving menu the first of November. Don't give me a reason to cook.....or bake......OR EAT! Here is my menu for this year. Unfortunately we don't have any family visiting this year :( I told Nevon that if any of the sailors he works with don't have a place to go, they are always ALWAYS welcome at our house for the holidays! So! Maybe we'll have a guest at the last minute ;-) Here's my menu!!1.) Nevon hasn't decided on turkey or ham. He is NOT a fan of turkey BUT he knows how traditional I am......sooooo, he might just do a tiny one, for my sake, and then do a yummy juicy ham!!! So either, ham or turkey...so far.



2.) IF we have ham, then I will make my au gratin potatoes and if Nev makes a turkey, then it's mashed potatoes all the way!!



3.) Green bean casserole! Nothing fancy, just your ordinary recipe on the back of your canned green beans can. I dr mine up.....of course ;-)



4.) Cranberry Orange Sauce.

2 (8oz pkgs fresh cranberries)

1 orange, zest cut into strips

1/2 C. sugar

1 cinnamon stick

*Put all ingredients into a sauce pan over med heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 15-20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.*



5.) Strawberry Pretzel Squares.

2C. finely crushed pretzels

1/2 C. sugar, divided

2/3 C. butter, melted

1 1/2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese, softened

2 Tbsp milk

1C. thawed cool whip topping

2C. boiling water

1 pkg (8 serving size) strawberry jello

1 1/2 C. cold water

1 qt (4 C.) fresh strawberries, sliced

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix pretzel crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the butter. Press onto bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.



Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 C. sugar and milk until well blended. gently stir in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.



Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in strawberries. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate when done!!

6.) A new on on my list this year is the Carmel pecan cheesecake. I'm SO excited about this one! I have always made my apple Bavarian cheese cake. Wish me LUCK! *I'm not posting this recipe till I actually try it.*

7.) Dinner rolls, as usual. I say if you don't have dinner rolls of some sort at your Thanksgiving dinner then you should have your hands slapped!! :-)

8.) Stuffing! I've had homemade stuffing and it's good BUT we prefer the boxed version, YEP! I don't care, I like the box stuffing, it is really good!

That is the Cali Burney Thanksgiving menu 2010. We are sad that we won't have family here with us. Nev leaves again at the end of this week and will be home two days before Thanksgiving. We are VERY thankful to have him here with us. We have had many Thanksgivings without him and that's ok :)













No comments: