Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sloppy Joes anyone?!

Man do I have a recipe for you! My friend Jamie, shared this recipe with me and I made it tonight for the first time for the boy's and I. Nevon is NOT a fan of sloppy joes and he's out of town for a couple weeks :-( If you know my Damen, then know this: YES, even Damen ate all his sloppy joe ;-) I made my sandwiches tonight open faced. Of course, eat them how ever you want!!


SUPER Sloppy Joes

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 1/4 lb ground beef, chicken breast or turkey breast

1/4 c. brown sugar

2tsp Montreal steak seasoning

1 med onion, chopped

1 sm red bell pepper, chopped

1tbsp red wine vinegar

1tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 c tomato sauce

2 tbsp tomato paste
Serve on crusty, split, toasted and lightly buttered rolls.
Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add oil and beef to pan, spreading it around the pan to break it up. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning then add mixture to the skillet and combine. When the meat is browned, add onion and red pepper. Reduce heat to med and cook for 5 minutes. Add vinegar, stirring briefly to reduce, then add Worcestershire, tomato sauce, and paste, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook sloppy joe mixture another 5 minutes.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

I can't believe Nevon doesn't like Sloppy Joe's! Surely he would like these! Yummy!