Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate cobbler!

I didn't get a pic of the ooey gooey chocolaty middle, I FORGOT! In all honesty, we scooped it out and piled it on top of some vanilla ice cream and went to town!! YUMMM!!!!!!
Yes, this is for real! I've baked so much over the last couple weeks and I have my fav's that I want to blog about. What's the problem........I hate typing recipes out, BLAH! Sorry! I'll get them up....eventually ;-) My friend Jamie sent me this recipe to try. It's a MUST try, really......print this one out-you will not be disappointed! It's very easy to make too!
Ingredients:
1c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
7 tbsp cocoa powder, divided
1-1/4 c sugar, divided
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c melted butter
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c. light brown sugar, divided
1-1/2 c. hot tap water
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tbsp of cocoa powder, and 3/4 cup of white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar. Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish.
In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 c.), the brown sugar and remaining 4 tbsp of cocoa powder. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter. Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!!!!
Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set. Let stand for a few minutes if you can hold yourself back :-)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh yeah, I am making this for the next wives get together! Also, just link to the Tasty Kitchen recipe that way you don't have to type it all out. Either that or cut and paste. Yum, yum!