Monday, November 9, 2009

There's always time for Key Lime!!!!!!!!


Lil'juicy!! I've given her a name, go figure :) Pampered Chef juicer, two thumbs up! I don't need big, fancy and expensive to work!!

24 key limes= 1 cup!


This is my favorite pie EVER and Nevon's 2nd, but very close to 1st, favorite pie! Lemon Meringue is his all time favorite :) Here's my recipe for you to try. I juiced my own key limes too! Yes, it does make a difference in the pie, so I think. It was really easy, the little suckers have a lot of juice in them. It took me 24 key limes to get one cup! Hope you enjoy!!
Key lime Pie
1/2 c. key lime juice
3 large egg yolks
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 (9-in) graham cracker crust
Garnishes: whipped cream, lime slices
Whisk egg yolks until blended; whisk in key lime juice. Add condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, whisking until blended. Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For pies with more filling, triple the filling ingredients, and divide evenly between 2 graham cracker crusts.
Graham Cracker Crust
3 c. graham crackers, crushed
1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. butter, melted
*Refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling.*





No comments: