Monday, October 5, 2009

Making peace with myself.

I've been in the battle for a smaller waist line for years now. So long now, I can't even remember......at lease over 9 years or so. I've been doing a lot of thinking over the last year. I gave birth the my 4th son in Sept. 2008 JUST 16 months after having my third and 4 years after just having my 2nd. I've been a busy woman :)

My weight has brought me down for the last time. As some of your might remember, I did Weight Watchers a few years back and lost 38 lbs. I felt GREAT!! I don't remember much, but I do remember feeling great in all my clothes. In July, I told myself, NO MORE. I'm done being this big and SO DONE feeling so self conscience in my clothes, and DONE worrying about what other's thought of me. I thought this time it's going to be a life changing experience, NOT ANOTHER DIET! I'm done with that diet thing. I started walking every Monday, Wednesday, Friday on July 7th and haven't looked back. I have not missed a day since. I cut ALL eating after 7pm, that was a biggie for me, cut way back on my portions and exercising of course. Well, I tell you what.......I feel better now than I ever have! What is it, thinking to myself, the not eating late at night, smaller portions, exercising? It was all of them and most of all me coming to peace with myself and accepting me the way I am. I feel SO much better, I don't know if I've lost weight, I don't like the scale so I stay away from them. I told a friend, why weigh myself and ruin a good thing...I feel good, I'm NOT going to get on that scale and let that thing get me down-NO WAY JOSE! So, here I am, 33 years old, 4 boys, married for 11 years to my best friend, and just now coming to piece with myself. I'll never be that size 6 again, flat tummy, toned arms and small butt.........and yep, I'm just fine with that. This is who I am and I feel pretty darn good! I'm losing inches, I feel great, my boys are healthy, & my hubby is the best man EVER! All in all, I think I'm a lucky woman.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow Christine! That was amazing and I know it took a lot to get where you are now. So proud of you and proud you are my friend. You're an amazing lady!