My first rose of the year!! Pink is purdy ;-) I wanted to cut her and bring her in the house so badly but she is my one and only......so far and I just had to leave her out there :(
A bud from my lavender rose bush :-) These ladies smell the BEST out of all my roses!
Yellow rose bud. They are HUGE, look at it compared to my thumb and I have big hands :)
White rose buds a plenty! These guys are hearty growers....
Okay, so yellow roses are my favorite and I just had to take another pic of one of the buds opening up :) *We are stationed here in San Diego. I LOVE it out here, never thought I would say that ;-) These are not my roses bushes...per-say...BUT I LOVE me some flowers so it is not a bother for me to take care of them AT ALL! I don't do anything spectacular. I water them every ten days, except is summer when there hasn't been any rain in months, which is very common for SoCal :) If it's been a dry spout, I water them every 7 days. Also, roses do not like water of their leaves. When watering, water them from the bottom. Keep any stems off the ground. Also, when cutting your roses to take inside and enjoy, cut from the next grouping of three leaves, that will promote more roses!! I'm so not an expert, but this is what I do and it works good! Oh and I have to say this, I live in San Diego, it's nice and sunny 99% of the year, so yes, that helps out lots! Happy gardening!!*
No comments:
Post a Comment