Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cherry Pie....why not!

ONE of Nev's favorites and mine too :)!! 2 pounds sour cherries, pitted, approx. three cans (I buy canned cherries, NO CHERRY PIE FILLING.
1 1/8 c. white sugar
3 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tbsp butter

1.) Okay, so I haven't mastered a pie crust .....yet! I've tried and I just haven't found one I like or maybe I just suck at making pie crust...whatever!! I bought the already made, refrigerated pie crust from Pillsbury :)

2.) Preheat over to 375 degrees F. In a saucepan, combine cherries, sugar and cornstarch. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the juices thicken and become translucent. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and almond extract. Mix thoroughly and pour into pie shell. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. **Brush milk over entire top. **Add sugar lightly.

3.) Bake in the over for 45 minutes or so until crust is golden brown.

The BEST pie plate I have ever used!

Aiden helping stir the cherries :)

Me telling them to take turns stirring the cherries, NO fighting boys!
B stirring the cherries.....again ;o)




1 comment:

Jamie said...

I see your Merlot on the counter there and I am drooling! Also, my mom's pie crust is never fail. So easy and the BEST I've ever had. I will type it up and send it your way.