Monday, October 26, 2009

Harvest Pound Cake


I LOVE this cake! Nothing special, just thought I would bake, you know me :) This is one of Bob's, my father-n-laws, favorite cakes! Here's the recipe, enjoy!
Harvest Pound Cake
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
3 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped (2 cups)
1 c. chopped nuts, opt.
Carmel Glaze
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp milk
Heat over to 350 degrees. Grease bunt cake pan well. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in flour, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Stir in apples and nuts. Pour into pan.
Bake 1 hour to 1 hour & 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack.
In 2-qt saucepan, heat all glaze ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Spoon glaze over warm cake.

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

Thank you for posting! It looks and sounds delish. I can't wait to try it. I heart fall foods! :-)